Terms & Conditions
Dog Walking Service
- The Client is solely responsible for any and all harm or damage caused by their dog while it is under the care of MUDDY FOOTE DOG TRAINING & WALKING SERVICES (hereafter referred to as MFDT) and agrees to reimburse MFDT in full against any liability arising from such harm or damage to third parties.
- The Client agrees that, in accepting their dog, MFDT has relied on the Client's statement that their dog is in good health, has not harmed or shown aggression or threatening behaviour towards any person or animal, unless agreed otherwise whereby a solo walk and/or training is undertaken.
- All dogs will be subject to an initial consultation/assessment by MFDT prior to acceptance for the services of MFDT.
- MFDT reserves the right to refuse their services to any dog deemed at MFDT's absolute discretion to be, or have the potential to be, dangerous or disruptive.
- The Client agrees to notify MFDT immediately of any unwelcome, aggressive, procreative or dangerous behaviour of their dog, which has potential to cause harm to any person or animal.
- Where the Client chooses to use the 'group walk' service, the Client accepts that during normal canine play, their dog may sustain minor injuries. MFDT will monitor all interactions between the dogs in the group to avoid injury, however despite the best supervision injuries may occur.
- The Client's dog will be allowed off the lead at the discretion of MFDT and only if the 'Off Lead Exercise Consent' form has been signed.
- MFDT reserves the right to refuse services if the Client fails to provide adequate proof of vaccinations, or if the vaccinations are found to be expired or otherwise incomplete.
- Bitches may not use MFDT's services if in season or pregnant.
- The Client accepts that even if their dog is vaccinated against Bordatella (Kennel Cough) there is a chance that their dog could still contract Kennel Cough. The Client agrees that MFDT will not be held responsible should their dog contract Kennel Cough whilst in the care of MFDT or for any associated Veterinary costs.
- The Client agrees to take any measures or precautions to ensure that their dog is free of communicable infections or diseases. The Client also agrees to notify MFDT immediately of any communicable infections or diseases their dog has been exposed to or affected by, other than those covered by normal full Vaccinations. MFDT reserves the right to refuse their services until satisfied the condition is resolved.
- The Client agrees to ensure their dog has not eaten in the hour before pick up by MFDT to ensure sufficient time for digestion before exercise or play, nor will the dog be fed 1-2 hours after exercise, to avoid Gastric Torsion, a potentially life threatening condition.
- The Client is responsible for the full cost of all Veterinary fees (including call out charges etc.) resulting from any illness contracted or injury sustained whilst under the care of MFDT. The Client authorises MFDT to seek Veterinary advice and/or treatment deemed necessary; where possible the Client's usual Vet will carry this out but this cannot be guaranteed therefore the Client gives permission for MFDT to use any registered Veterinarian at their discretion.
- The Client agrees that MFDT is not responsible for any lost, stolen or damaged leads, collars, tags, apparel or any other item left with their dog. However MFDT will endeavour to avoid any such loss or damage.
- The Client agrees to provide keys/arrange access to their property.
- The Client agrees that by signing the 'Key Holder Waiver' form this will indemnify MFDT in full against any liability arising from loss or damage to the property or its contents, at present or in future circumstances.
- Payment in full to be made either on the day, weekly or monthly all by prior arrangement.
- The Client agrees that at least 24 hours notice is provided for cancellation or arranged use of MFDT's services. Failure to do so will incur the full charge.
- The Client consents to their dog being photographed or videotaped and that such images may be used in the media or advertising by MFDT without prior approval. All such media will remain the property of MFDT.
- No variation of these Terms and Conditions will be valid, unless confirmed in writing by MFDT.
Boarding & Daycare
Booking & Payment
- When submitting your boarding application forms, you will be asked to transfer £20 to secure your reservation. This is non-refundable in the event of cancellation further to a successful introductory meeting.
- Muddy Foote cannot keep bookings open for more than 7 days without completed booking forms and deposit.
- When completed forms and deposit have been taken, you will be invited to an introduction.
- Should your introduction be unsuccessful, or you decide your dog is not suited to our facilities (within 24 hours) you will be refunded your £20 deposit.
- Any outstanding balance must be paid a minimum of 4 weeks before your dog's stay.
- You agree that your dog can be photographed or videotaped for our website and social media. If you are not happy with this, please discuss this with us at introduction.
- Cancellations within 4 weeks of your dog's arrival will incur a 25% charge of the final fee.
- Cancellations within 1 week of your dog's arrival will incur a 100% charge of the final fee.
- Daycare cancellations within 24 hours of the booking will be charged at full rate.
Arrivals & Collections
- Muddy Foote will agree a time for arrival and collection, and confirm this on your invoice. Failure to arrive within 2 hours of this time will result in a £10 charge to cover your dog's additional care. We will take into account any extenuating circumstances e.g. death or bereavement.
- Dog's should be brought to us in a clean state, and will be returned as such.
- At introduction we will ask to see up-to-date certificates for vaccinations, Flea, Tick and worming treatments.
- If you do not wish us to feed your dog our in-house meals, you will need to supply all necessary food and treats for the duration of their stay. If additional food is required, a receipt will be given for reimbursement.
General Boarding & Daycare Terms
- We are unable to accept bookings for dogs subject to the terms of the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991, exempted dogs, or any other dogs with known aggression towards other dogs and/or people.
- By making a booking with Muddy Foote, you agree to your dog(s) living with dogs and/or puppies from other households.
- Reasonable efforts will be made to contact you and your emergency contact in the event of an emergency. Muddy Foote does however reserve the right to make health related decisions based on the best interests of the dog and on the advice of a Veterinary surgeon. If your dog becomes has an accident or becomes unwell or is in pain, we may need to seek veterinary advice and you agree to be responsible for the payment of any veterinary fees incurred.
- You agree to disclose any characteristic which may make your dog unsuitable for home boarding including health or behavioural problems, aggression, lack of house-training/incontinence or excessive barking.
- Should you dog destroy any furniture or belongings of the carer beyond reasonable wear and tear, you agree to replace the items at cost. (If you feel your dog may destroy any bedding, please bring your own.)
- You agree that if you agree to your dog being walked off lead, you accept full responsibility for any loss or damage caused as a result of this.
- In the event that your dog attacks a person or dog causing any injury or damage you agree that you are responsible for any losses incurred including any veterinary fees or medical treatment required.
- In the event that you fail to collect your dog from Muddy Foote on the agreed checkout date, your emergency contact will be notified to collect your dog. Should you emergency contact fail to collect your dog, we will hold the dog for 24 hours for which you will be liable for additional costs. We can extend a dog's boarding period depending on our calendar availability and additional fees being paid within the 24 hour holding period. Without these conditions being met, it may result in your dog being handed over to the local authority.
- If your dog's behaviour should change or become unsuitable for boarding before their arrival date, you must notify Muddy Foote and cancel the booking.
- Should Muddy Foote have to cancel your booking at short notice due to extenuating circumstances e.g. death/ill health etc., you will be provided with a full refund and contact details of alternative boarding establishments in the area.